So you want to join the Coding Garden Discord?
There are a few things you will need to do!
Join the Discord
- Read this entire message. Seriously. Read it.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to Join the Discord. (Sign up for a discord account if you have
- After joining the server, you will have read only access, and will only see a few
channels. You will need to complete steps 4-6 to gain full
access to the server:
- Read the ENTIRE #👋welcome channel message including the Code
of Conduct. If english is not your first language, we have several translations of the #👋welcome channel message and the Code
of Conduct available here.
- After you have read the Code of Conduct in the #👋welcome channel you will need to
add an emoji reaction to acknowledge that you will abide by the Code of Conduct.
After that, you will need to send an introduction in the #🗣introductions channel.
Your introduction must be at least 40 characters long, but it can be anything you'd
like us to know about you. Here are some questions to help you write your introduction message, (but you
really can write anything!):
- What do you do? How long have you been coding? What's your favorite programming language? How did you
find Coding Garden? What is your favorite thing about programming? What hobbies do you have? What's your
favorite food? Do you have any pets?
- After you have completed steps 4-6, CG-BOT will
automatically add you to the seedling role and you will have full access to the
server! Congrats! 🎉🎉 Feel free to poke around. If you need help with something, be sure to read the #📝read-first channel before posting a question.