So you want to join the Coding Garden Discord?
There are a few things you will need to do!
Join the Discord
- Read this entire message. Seriously. Read it.
- Click the button at the bottom of the page to Join the Discord. (Sign up for a discord
account if you have not yet!)
- After joining the server, you will have read only access, and will
only see a few channels. You will need to
complete steps 4-6
to gain full access to the server:
- Read the ENTIRE #👋welcome channel message including the
Code of Conduct. If english is not your first language, we have
of the #👋welcome channel message and the
Code of Conduct
- After you have read the Code of Conduct in the
channel you will need to add an emoji reaction to acknowledge that
you will abide by the Code of Conduct.
- After that, you will need to send an introduction in the #🗣introductions
channel. Your introduction must be at least
40 characters long, but it can be anything you'd like us to know
about you. Here are some questions to help you write your introduction message, (but you
really can write anything!):
- What do you do? How long have you been coding? What's your favorite programming
language? How did you find Coding Garden? What is your favorite thing about programming?
What hobbies do you have? What's your favorite food? Do you have any pets?
- After you have completed steps 4-6,
will automatically add you to the seedling role and you will have
to the server! Congrats! 🎉🎉 Feel free to poke around. If you
need help with something, be sure to read the
#📝read-first channel before posting a question.